The vicious cycle of Facebook. Have you ever found yourself experiencing something and feeling an urge, or even a requirement, to share it on Facebook? Do you ever have thoughts like:
- “This is awesome news. I should share this on Facebook so that people know I’m doing well”
- “Eww… I didn’t post about that new contract I won yesterday… I better do that so that other people want to work with me”
- “[celebrity name] and I should get a photo together. When people find out that I know her, they’ll think I’m special”
- “No one knows what I’ve been up to for a few days. I need to fill them in…”
- “I’ve got 3 trips in the next 3 weeks. I’m a jet-setter. I should show people the “lifestyle” that I’m living.”
- If I’m absent from Facebook, I won’t make any money
I just imagined those specific scenarios from the top of my head, but I’ve battled with similar ones many times. Social media has turned us into reputation slaves in a way, and as a result we can often feel like if we don’t put it on social media, We won’t matter.
It’s one of the biggest… Read the full article...